Forums » Volunteer at Isara

Isara Volunteer - Kate

• 30 posts
    June 23, 2010 10:26 AM PDT
    Oh I've just taught my last lessons at Isara! It felt so horrible to say goodbye to all the students, I got hugs from some of the little ones and a lovely letter from my two favourite students. I've got their email address so I'll make sure they get to practice their english by dropping them an email every now and then.

Tomorrow (thurs) I'm leaving with Anouj for Laos. We're going to visit Vientiane and end up staying in Vang Vieng tomorrow night. The students kept asking whether I was coming back so I might try and make sure my route back to Bangkok takes me via Nong Khai!

I've really enjoyed my time at Isara, it has been life changing for me to spend a month working alongside some amazingly generous people especially Kirk, Ming and Dave and of course all the other volunteers who put so much time and passion into their lessons. The children have inspired me to think fast and my experiences in and out of the classroom will hopefully help me in my future career as a teacher when I return to the UK.

Thank you to everyone for making Isara possible and I hope that in years to come Isara will prosper and grow and I can come back to help some more!!

I won't say goodbye, but I believe the french 'au revoir' til we meet again is more appropriate.
    • 5035 posts
    June 23, 2010 3:02 PM PDT
    :D Kate, thank you so very much for volunteering with Isara and it was a pleasure hearing about your month long adventure teaching and helping out at the ILC.    Enjoy the rest of your Asian journey and stay safe.  Keep in touch when you can and we'd really enjoy hearing about your travels.    :)

Au revoir Kate!  :) 
    • 7061 posts
    June 23, 2010 6:34 PM PDT
    Au revoir and Buena Suerte! Good luck in Spanish :D And khorb koon kaa!
  • Ize
    • 67 posts
    June 24, 2010 3:48 AM PDT
    Kate,

it is so quite without you and Anouj English gang. Nahum arrived today and he will be Jack's roommate and Nira will arrive sometime this evening.

-ize
    • 3727 posts
    June 24, 2010 5:56 PM PDT
    We miss you, Kate!!! Thank you for all the great lessons you prepared. The students really learned a lot during your stay here and they are going to miss you A LOT. I know they're all very sad you left but I told them you're leaving so that you can be a teacher back home. So they forgive you. ...And so do we. lol Thank you for also becoming an Isara sponsor. That was a very nice surprise. I hope you didn't feel like the only way we'd let you leave is if you paid a fee. ;D Have a great time and remember that you've always got a second home in Thailand.
  • Ize
    • 67 posts
    June 24, 2010 11:59 PM PDT
    nice pictures!
    • 1091 posts
    June 26, 2010 12:12 AM PDT
    Kate! our beautiful and fun teacher. Thank you so much for all your time of helping isara making a difference and a nice donation also became our sponsor. Isara was lucky to have you here. We don't want you to go but we understand you can't always be here but you will always be in our heart and with isara in very step.
    Good luck and have a safe journey.
    We miss you and love you. Sawasdeeka.  :)
    • 5035 posts
    June 26, 2010 4:25 AM PDT
    Thank you Kate for helping Isara and becoming a sponsor.    I know your students and everyone with Isara will miss you.    Always feel free to post and let us know where you are and how you're doing.  Best wishes as you travel your life's journey.  :)  Sawasdeeka Kate. 
  • June 26, 2010 5:28 AM PDT
    kate! we miss you! hope you're surviving Lao! Ize has been filling me in ;)
    • 50 posts
    June 27, 2010 1:39 AM PDT
    Good luck Kate. Hope you enjoy Laos and spread the word about us when you get back. Come on England.