Forums » Volunteer at Isara

Volunteer at Isara

• February 1, 2012 1:45 PM PST
    Hi Ian,
    Personally i didnt have travel insurance but i dont know if this is an advice i should be giving. You never know what can happen. if you can afford it, then just get it it's safer.
    About getting to Udon from BKK, i took the bus when i went from BKK to NK. I know there was a volunteer at isara at the same time as me who flew to Udon thani, maybe you should contact her. Her name was Savannah.
    The best think to see in Thailand are the kids at Isara haha ! There are also a lot of nice things to see in NK, you can visit the statue park, walk along the river, go to the market, maybe see some fireworks, a few festivals. theres always something going on !
    i hope you get to isara and meet the wonderful people there !
    dont hesitate if you have other questions
    • 1 posts
    February 27, 2012 12:36 AM PST
    Hello everyone!

This forum is a lil quiet.. Anyways, I will be going over to Isara in late May for a month.

Any heads up for me? :)
    • 1 posts
    March 27, 2012 9:36 AM PDT
    Hello!

I am Anjo from Guangzhou, China. I want to join ISARA and hope to do some volunteer job this summer vocation(about August ). After reading some pages, I came across a few questions.

1.If i want to go to Thailand this August, when should i start to apply for that??Right now??

2.Besides the online application form, should I get ready for something like interview or??

3. Because I am major in Public Health, so I am wondering if there is any work or program related to health that I can do when I am in Thailand?

These are the questions I am puzzled right now, and I am looking forwards to your feedbacks. Hope I can join you soon and really make a difference in ISARA.

Thanks!
    • 2 posts
    September 17, 2012 12:12 PM PDT
    Hello!

I applied to Isara about a week ago and was wondering what the next step for me to take would be? I'm from California and am planning to head over to Southeast Asia by December. Is that too early to begin volunteering? Is there anything I can do to further prepare? I'm just overall curious and would like some ideas.

Thank you!
    Guy
    • 3727 posts
    September 17, 2012 6:55 PM PDT
    Hi Guy,

Sorry for not replying to your application yet. We've been busy preparing for the grand reopening of our learning center. I'll have some time later this week to reply to all the applications we've received. But, just by looking at the dates you want to volunteer, I can tell you that we more than likely will have space for you or can find you a great government school where you can volunteer.

Thanks for being so patient and for wanting to help!
    Kirk
    • 2 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:52 PM PDT
    Hi Kirk,

I totally understand and hope the grand reopening preparations are going smoothly. That's really exciting to hear! I'm really happy and grateful to yall for this opportunity you're offering to folks. Thank you for your hard work and look forward to your reply whenever you get a chance.

Best,
    Guy
    • 1 posts
    October 27, 2012 7:16 AM PDT

Hi Guys,

I am travelling round SE Asia between March - June 2013 - booked fligts and everything but REALLY want to spend some of my time there volunteering and have heard that Isara are the foundation to get involved with!

I really want to know how to apply as when I click on the 'Apply now' button on the website it says that all positions are filled until feb 2013 whereas I'm looking to volunteer between March - June. Can anyone advise on how to go about applying to volunteer during this time or are the applications not open yet?

I am a native English speaker currently working in the UK and need some help in how to apply!!

Thanks

Emma